CAGT is excited to announce our new
FaceBook Live – Conversations with CAGT
Each Tuesday at 5:00 pm MDT, we will live stream a 20 minute presentation, followed by a Q&A with a local or national expert on a topic current and relevant to our GT community. Please join us for these informational conversations!
If you missed our CWC on July 7th it was a high energry, passionate presentation by Colin Seale “The Equity Case for Prioritizing Gifted Education at a Moment of Reckoning“. Please check it out, you will be glad you did! If you missed Colin’s presentation or any of our “conversations” you can find them on our Resource page or on the CAGT FaceBook page.
Next Tuesday, July 14th, our CWC (aka Conversations with CAGT) will be featuring Jessica Howard. Her session, “#HelpingTeensHelpThemselves” is relevant, timely and engaging and we invite you to have your middle school and high school students watch this CWC as well. Please join us next Tuesday, FB Live at 5:00!
COVID-19 Update / Resources
During this difficult time of CDC and statewide precautions due to Covid-19 CAGT wants you to know that we are continuing our work advocating for the needs of our gifted children. Normal operations are still in place except for any in person activities. Plans for our fall conference have begun and we are following all legislative issues that may impact our GT students. We remain committed to supporting our community of gifted learners through this challenging time and to help families who must remain home throughout the rest of the school year. Below are some links from our national organization and other expert sources on how to support your gifted children’s needs at home.
The following is provided for your information and does not constitute a recommendation nor endorsement from CAGT. Adults are responsible for determining the appropriateness of any activity or website for their children.
- CDE (Colorado Department of Education)
- NAGC At Home
- Ian Byrd – Byrdseed
- Gifted Guru – Learning at Home
- Summit Center
- Enrichment at Home
- Helping Children Cope With Changes Resulting From COVID-19
- World Health Organization – Helping Children Cope with Stress
- Strategies for Teaching Gifted Children at Home
- 5 Fun At-Home Activities for Gifted Kids
- Out of School Activities for a Gifted Learner
- Common Sense Media Resources for Families
- Renzulli Learning: Free for the remainder of the academic year 2019-20
- Davidson Institute Gifted Database and Resources
- OEDb.org: 48 Essential Links for the Parents of Gifted Children
- Teaching Kids at Home During Coronavirus
- 12 Museum Virtual Tours
- 13 Breathtaking Google Earth Virtual Tours You Must Explore
- Denver Museum of Nature and Science
- Denver Zoo – Zoo to You Virtual Safari
- Exquisite Minds
- Mensa for Kids
- National Inventors Hall of Fame
- Visit Our Parent Resource Page
- Visit Our Student Resource Page