CAGT is excited to announce our new
FaceBook Live – Conversations with CAGT
Each Tuesday at 5:00 pm MDT, we will live stream a 20 – 30 minute presentation, followed by a Q&A with a local or national expert on a topic current and relevant to our GT community. Please join us for these informational conversations!
On Tuesday Dr. Richard Cash was our Conversations with CAGT’s guest discussing Helping Students Learn in the New World: Self-Regulation Strategies for E-Learning. With virtual/e-learning necessitating a greater degree of self-regulation for learning, Richard shared the ABC’s (Affect, Behavior and Cognition) to help assist students in gaining greater social/emotional well-being, developing scholarly behaviors, and acquiring valuable thinking tools to be successful in e-learning and beyond. If you missed Richard’s presentation or any of our “conversations” you can find them on our Resource page or on the CAGT FaceBook page.
Next Tuesday, August 11th, our CWC (aka Conversations with CAGT) will be featuring Michelle DuBois and Robin Greene. They will share their thoughts and expertise about advanced and gifted Latinx students who are some of our most at risk and underserved students. Their conversation, Latinx Gifted Learners: A Culturally Responsive Approach for Identification and Programming will be next Tuesday, FB Live at 5:00! Please join us!
COVID-19 Update / Resources
During this difficult time of CDC and statewide precautions due to Covid-19 CAGT wants you to know that we are continuing our work advocating for the needs of our gifted children. Normal operations are still in place except for any in person activities. Plans for our fall conference have begun and we are following all legislative issues that may impact our GT students. We remain committed to supporting our community of gifted learners through this challenging time and to help families who must remain home throughout the rest of the school year. Below are some links from our national organization and other expert sources on how to support your gifted children’s needs at home.
The following is provided for your information and does not constitute a recommendation nor endorsement from CAGT. Adults are responsible for determining the appropriateness of any activity or website for their children.
- CDE (Colorado Department of Education)
- NAGC At Home
- Ian Byrd – Byrdseed
- Gifted Guru – Learning at Home
- Summit Center
- Enrichment at Home
- Helping Children Cope With Changes Resulting From COVID-19
- World Health Organization – Helping Children Cope with Stress
- Strategies for Teaching Gifted Children at Home
- 5 Fun At-Home Activities for Gifted Kids
- Out of School Activities for a Gifted Learner
- Common Sense Media Resources for Families
- Renzulli Learning: Free for the remainder of the academic year 2019-20
- Davidson Institute Gifted Database and Resources
- OEDb.org: 48 Essential Links for the Parents of Gifted Children
- Teaching Kids at Home During Coronavirus
- 12 Museum Virtual Tours
- 13 Breathtaking Google Earth Virtual Tours You Must Explore
- Denver Museum of Nature and Science
- Denver Zoo – Zoo to You Virtual Safari
- Exquisite Minds
- Mensa for Kids
- National Inventors Hall of Fame
- Visit Our Parent Resource Page
- Visit Our Student Resource Page